Things to keep in mind when figuring the cost of your WordPress website
- As you search for a quote on WordPress website design, you may receive a wide range of price estimates. Agencies and designers will guess anything from 200 to 2,000 dollars for a vague inquiry of website design. So, for a more accurate price estimate, make sure to know precisely what you’re looking for. Consider things like your desired or anticipated number of pages and which types of features you’ll require. Is your site strictly informational and only in need of a contact form? Does it need to include a photo gallery? Is it eCommerce and needs a payment platform? Before you begin to compare prices and search for the best-suited web designer, be sure to assess these needs and values. You’ll be met with a clearer understanding of the site’s cost.
- If you are unsure of what exactly you need or how you’d like for your website to perform, that’s okay! Reach out to a local website designer who will assess your needs and advise your direction. Once you have a good idea of what you’re looking for, you can begin to request quotes. Doing so will help avoid any hidden costs that could unexpectedly arise in the middle of your project. For example, if at some point during your site’s construction, you decide to implement an additional feature, you will likely be charged unforeseen fees. Requesting quotes and establishing expectations, all with a clear understanding of your needs, will give you the best idea of what you’ll pay for your project.
- It’s been said before, and it can be said of the website industry: you get what you pay for. In spite of a tight budget or an ambition to save, opting for the cheapest web designer will not bode well for your company’s performance. A poor-quality designer will result in a similarly poor-quality experience and product. So, when choosing a designer, make sure that they meet the following criteria:
- They conform to modern standards of design.
- The meet Google’s standards for high-performing websites.
- They can create a modern and attractive design.
- Their design provides an experience for users– one that will cause them to engage in your services.
- Developing a new website will cost you more than just money. When working with your website designer, you should expect to devote some time to the process. You must work directly with your designer in providing content and images and in communicating any desired changes. That’s because often, the web designer will need your input and participation. And if you are unable to take part in this process to at least some level, your project will be made slow and frustrating.
- Choose a reputable designer. While it may be unnecessary to choose your most expensive option, make sure that your website developer is well-regarded, experienced, and trusted to perform. Opt for someone who practices excellent communication skills, is available for questions, and will partner with you to create the best site possible.
- Consider any extra costs your site may accrue. Things like the security license can cost anywhere from five dollars to hundreds of dollars each year. This price simply depends on which you prefer or require. You may also need to consider the costs of special themes or plugins that will boost the value of your site.
Common Issues With WordPress Website Design:
- Communication between the designer and client breaks down. This issue’s potential outcome varies in severity from a mere nuisance to the derailing of a project. And it can take place at the fault of the developer or the client. Throughout the design process, make sure to prioritize communication, holding your designer accountable to keep in close contact.
- The client has not sufficiently prepared to work on the project. One of the most significant challenges we face in a website project is creating and collecting content. The good news is that most web design companies will help you in this process. They are prepared to write content and gather images on your behalf. Without this help or your cooperation, the project will likely be made far more complicated, time-consuming, and of poorer-quality.
- The designer has not guided you through the process and set expectations. As the client, ensure that you understand what is expected of you and the steps of the designing process. Know what exactly for which services you’ll be charged, so you are not surprised with an unexpectedly large bill at the end of your project.
- Last-minute requests. Need a site by May 15th? Don’t wait to look for a designer on May 10th. While some companies may be able to complete a website in just five days, its quality and the process of the project will likely not be what you hoped. And you can undoubtedly expect a heftier price tag as well.
So, as you build your business, collect donations, and share your innovative ideas with the world, be sure to have a capable web designer on your side. And for each update and change that is sure to come your way, rely on experts to handle them for you. We at MyUnlimitedWP are proud to offer our clients an affordable, easy-to-use, and reliable website updates service. Reach out to us today for website updates solution and a more stress-free you!